Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fortune Of A Soldier (POEM by SCREECH)


hey readers!!!
I'm screech!! and I'm back with this new poem called fortune of a soldier!!

I was thinking about writing something like this for a long time...then finally, after listening to some of my favorite war songs...i wrote this little poem...

"Well...I've been fighting
From the age of sticks,
Till the age of stones,
And now the age of bricks.

For me...The war zone is like a home,
The adrenaline is my addiction,
The door to hell is a common sight,
The stairway to heaven is just fiction.

Back when I was a warrior,
Down south with the Aztecs,
We killed and sacrificed prisoners,
Never cared for what we did.

After that I joined the Spaniards,
Went all over the globe hunting for gold,
But soon I was caught by pirates,
And I was thrown into the cargo hold.

Then I lived as a pirate,
living off all the plunder,
Then I left the life I had,
And I went to join Alexander.

Well...I was in a war,
In the cold battlefield,
Way back in the times,
When we used sword and shield.

It was snowing like hell,
I was the king's right hand,
I killed so many people,
Men, women and children for their land.

But death never came to me,
And I became ashamed of my ruthlessness,
And my misunderstanding was that,
He didn't take me up due to my thanklessness.

There was nothing I did better than kill,
So I went into hunting animals,
But I wasn't satisfied, because my mind,
Was trained to kill something more evolved.

So I went into hibernation,
Woke up when the world was at war,
I went and joined battles,
Without knowing what I was fighting for.

I saw the weapons evolve,
From sticks and stones to guns,
I saw battles rage for power,
A disease carried on since the Huns.

But I started to live my life in regret,
Because I ended so many lives,
Is it the fortune of a soldier,
To be stabbed by his conscience's knives?

So I tried to reform myself, To change my Mindset,
To enjoy the little things in life, To stop the way I fret.

And I finally found peace, when I stopped running from my thoughts...
And I stopped blaming myself, for all the unhappy families of the people I had fought.

Somebody else was responsible, I was just a tool,
And I stopped courting war, For I had been a fool.

I enjoyed the beauty of life,
Learnt to love and to care,
I was then ready to die,
To end this life of despair.

Death came nice and slow,
And took me to my fiction,
Up the stairway to bliss,
To cure me of my addiction..."

maybe not so little after all(:P) so yup...that's it...the life of a person who saw a little bit of each war...I hope you liked it...thanks for reading!!!
CHEERS...SCREECHDRUMMER

3 comments: