Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dei LITURA Ch 3 (STORY by SHADOWHEART)

Ch 3

The next two months of my life were a blast. It was as though the loss of my memories was of no consequence. My everyday life was like clockwork. Wake up at sunrise and do all physical tasks set. Have my first meal of the day. Practice alchemy with the help of Khione and exercise all possible combinations with her. This would be continued up until noon. After that help the old man in attending to the shop while he took his nap. In the evening, Arma(old man) would teach me all the politics and laws of this world. He wold even discuss the possible uses of my abilities. Then go to bed after the last meal of the day and one final spar with the old man. This cycle would go on for over two months without fail. The main differences from day to day would mainly be me improving in how to use my alchemy and taming abilities. I could now fight using ice without breaking a sweat. Adding to this was my discovery of a flame that I called the Anti Flame. It was how Khione would attack and now I could do so as well. It looked exactly like a flame but is blue in color and absorbed heat rather than generate it. I could create a lot more ice using it than without it.
But all cycles had their beginning and their end. This cycle found its end in my acceptance into the Academy. It was all Arma's idea. He thought I should form my own clan and get to know people my age. He thought it would help in my growth. I now had to leave for the Academy by train and leave he only family I had , the old man Arma. He had reassured me that I would be fine with my level of power, but that was not what worried me. I was scared of missing the old man. He was the only one I could say  I knew apart from Khione.
On the day of departure, I stood alongside many other hopefuls of the Academy in the teleportation circle. Arma had already left. Our guides stood apart and began chanting the spell. Within seconds we were whisked away to a place that held the key to our future. Once we finally arrived what met our eyes was a wondrous sight. It was a city in itself. A towering castle, with numerous watchtowers. Beast of all types roamed both sky and land, accompanied by their tamer. There were students of all classes ad sub-classes present here. our guides then took to what appeared to be the headmaster's office. Suddenly, a commotion broke out. Some people were beating a defenseless person. The guy was on the ground, he was surrounded by weapons. I wondered why was picking one up and defending himself against his oppressors. One of the guides muttered," Must be a craftsmith." I understood what he had meant. Arma once had explained to me about the various classes or abilities of people. A unique one was that of craftsmith. They could create and repair any kind of weapon, but they had to take an oath of never fighting using weapons for reasons I never understood. This resulted in them being left out in clans. People apparently found them to be useless.
Anyway, there were four people beating one merciless craftsmith. He was probably my age. His nose was bleeding and he looked in pain. No one was helping him but there was no shortage of onlookers. This rubbed me the wrong way. I moved without second thought and created a solid stream of ice pillars that went flying towards the attackers. I made sure that none of them were lethal but I knew a shard of ice piercing one's skin and flesh would hurt. The result was better than I expected. The pillars of ice that I had launched reached their target and stopped an attacks that had up their sleeve. They were bleeding but I couldn't care less. I made my way towards the smith. I somehow helped him up. I knew that I was getting stares from all over. I ignored all stares and started towards the guides, " Help me patch him up, he needs medical attention." They were actually smiling. the one nearest to me said," Leave it to us, on the other hand this fight is not over." he pointed towards my back. I turned around to see the four attackers get back up. they had removed the ice shards from their bodies. One had a bow in hand while the other three drew swords. The fight was not over. I readied myself for one. I whistled signaling Khione, who was now airborne to prepare for battle. I knew that in a four on one my chances of winning were low, but I wasn't going down with a fight. If I was going down I was going to take all four of these cowards with, I was going to use ice so cold , so cold that it would burn.

                                                                               END

No comments:

Post a Comment