Saturday, June 23, 2018

Ice Queen (Lost Souls Part 1, The Rebel Is Not Dead - Screech)


Ice Queen (Lost Souls Part 1)


I remember...
An Ice Queen,
With a water infused crown,
And a veil on her face,
Lost in the icy wastelands.

Her empire had frozen,
All too soon.
It was divided,
Shattered into fragments.

Her frozen fingers,
Reached towards me,
For a warmth that,
She didn't understand yet.

I warned her,
She could melt.
She said she wanted to feel it,
Her empire didn't matter anymore.

The snow was tough to walk on,
But she glided above it all,
Like an ominous omen,
Like a ghost too used to it all.

I could see,
Even the wind would silence itself around her,
And then it used to howl,
Awakened by something sinister.

Impulse,
My downfall.
Instinct,
My Savior.
I decided to ignore the latter.

I took shelter in the cold.
It felt warm, like a familiar feeling.
But I couldn't place it in my head.
It was like a woeful lullaby,
A soothing, chilling dread.

I roamed her dead empire,
I was blinded by the white snow.
I couldn't feel anything anyway,
But now I couldn't even see.
Failed to notice I was freezing.

I was freezing,
She was melting,
It made a surreal supernova,
of two souls evolving together.

But every time I looked up to the sky,
To the warmth of the stars,
There would be a howling wind,
That brought me down to the icy reality.

There was some sinister schadenfreude,
Hidden beneath the liquid crown.
Which wasn't very visible,
Unless you could separate white from white.

After the unending and unrelenting unknown,
That had days of endless light,
I found a fumble in her feign,
A warm breeze blew the veil away.

I saw two things,
I wasn't the only one,
And even then,
She didn't let me go.

I yearned for freedom,
So I looked for the other soul,
The one I could clearly see,
When the wind wasn't silent around her.

He was a king.
He was a demon.
He was a legend that made her shiver.

His kingdom was a beautiful hell.
And she wanted to be there.
She wanted to melt,
In his burning embrace.

When I asked her,
She denied it.
But, eventually she told me,
What I already knew.

In a hailmary, I dared to cross,
The river of ice and fire,
To the blazing city of the demon king.

She may or may not have known,
That didn't stop me.
I was too scared of freezing,
And the heat was calmly welcoming.

From a cold hell,
Into hell fire,
I choked on black smoke.

The stars tried to help me,
Guide me,
But I couldn't see a thing.
Blinding snow behind me,
Fires burning in front.
I lost all sense of direction.

It was chaos all around,
But it was nothing compared to,
The chaos in my head.
Could I even do this?

I know it's right,
But some may find it wrong.
Is it really,
Supposed to be like this?

And the universe pushed me on,
So I walked onto the coals.
The blaze did not hurt me,
Even as it cackled beneath my soles.

I reached the demon king,
Who wore a crimson crown.
But there was a strange chill,
Amidst the flames that burned around.

No comments:

Post a Comment