Saturday, June 23, 2018

Harmony (Lost Souls Part 3, The Rebel Is Not Dead - Screech)


Harmony (Lost Souls Part 3)

 A haunting harmony,
That has sparked many a song,
Love is a tune,
That many have sung wrong.

Like a king who lost his will,
Over a princess in his mind,
Crumbled to ash and dust.

Like his urge for revenge,
Though he didn't understand why,
The queen had to die.

Like he never understood,
That the queen had filled his head,
With thoughts of this princess,
And a deep, dark dread.

Like the queen sitting on her throne,
Atop the snow capped mountains,
And like the king's voyage,
To the castle in the sky.

I had run out of time,
This had to happen then.
So I brought the queen and the king,
Under the same roof.

I spoke with them,
I sang them songs,
The purity of the fire and ice,
Was beyond surreal.

For I had to go,
Away from them both.
But I wanted them to know,
How perfect they were in fusion.

They were the crux,
The very peak of reality.
But they were my anathema,
My fall to insanity.

Like a snow covered volcano,
Like a frozen dead tornado,
Like lilac and gooseberries,
Like the screams of my agony.

The life I'd known was nearly done.
A war had begun.
Though there was peace outside the kingdom's walls,
The queen had all but won.

I was scared to fall asleep,
I was scared to even dream,
I was keeping the balance between,
Heaven and hell and all that I'd seen.

I set out,
To set it right,
To make them realize reality.

To make them see,
What is harmony,
So that I could finally rest,
And find solace in tranquility.

No comments:

Post a Comment