Saturday, June 23, 2018

The Best Of Both Worlds (The Rebel Is Not Dead - Screech)


The Best Of Both Worlds

If only they could see,
Inside my head,
They'd find a world worth fighting for.

If only they could see,
What I see,
Because I am,
The best of both worlds.

I'm in the brightest days,
I'm in the blackest nights,
I'm at the inception,
I'm at the end of the line.

I'm at the start of every fight,
I'm at the core of their very strength,
I'm at the center of their universe,
I'm barely holding onto life.

I'm the all powerful,
I'm the bridge in their gap,
I'm the make or break,
I'm the one who made their map.

If only they could see,
What I see every day,
If only they could hear,
If they'd listen to what I say.

I'm the judge,
I'm the jury,
I'm the unrelenting fury.
I'm the angel,
I'm the devil,
I'm beyond all hell.

I'm what's left,
I'm what's right,
I'm what keeps them breathing at night.

I'm the first,
I'm the last,
I'm the only one in the race.

I'm the pain,
I'm the pleasure,
I'm the one without a face.

If only they could feel,
What I feel everyday,
They'd just give up and,
They'd just go away.

If only they could find,
Find that love again,
I could rest in peace,
Be dead to the world right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment