Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Words (Poem by Screech)


WORDS

Now I'm living mine,
And you're living yours.
Maybe we could have lived ours,
But that's not the way it goes.
It was never feasible,
It didn't make sense,
But you were never one of logic,
Looked at the world through a lens.
We said so much more than words,
I'm using so many more,
But, I cannot describe it.
A writer, I cannot write it.

Not out of sight,
Sitting somewhere,
In the corner of my mind,
Falling behind,
Afraid of dying.
Afraid of heights,
With broken wings you're trying to fly,
But nobody cares,
They're either drunk or they're high,
While you stay up all night,
Smoking cigars and texting,
Hoping to find some lost soul alive,
In the darkest hours of the great divide.

My decoy world,
Your destruction.
All the things you took out on me,
I hope it helped,
It was definitely worth it.
I never wrote a line for you.
That's what you thought, right?
Guess what honey,
All the words I wrote were mine.
Yes, it is true that they were used elsewhere,
But I wrote them down before, not that you even care.

Three years older, somehow I got colder,
My misdeeds just got emboldened.
I apologized, is that not what you hoped?
Is that not what you wanted?
It's the wild wild west,
And people still find love,
Is that not what you were looking for?
I guess I'm just that dumb.
Though I told you it wasn't it,
You kept pushing me beyond my limit,
I self-destructed and left you with,
Nothing but tears,
And I could never admit,
It was my fault for not knowing shit.
My phone's gone silent it doesn't ring.
Guess it's fine now,
I'm not hearing the screams anymore,
Because I just want none of this.

Oh I'm not done,
You said that I was the one,
But it seems I was above none.
Thanks for everything,
I could finally write about butterflies,
And had a reason to link it with psych.
Sike!
This isn't about anyone else but you,
Not the stars, not the birds,
But the words.
You think you can hit where it hurts?
I was wrong but don't think that you're right.
You can write, so can I,
Dare to look me in the eye,
And say that I never tried.
Say that you never lied,
That only you stayed up all night crying,
When I said what's mine is mine.

All I had I gave to you,
My time, my words,
And what did you do?
Blamed me for having my reasons,
Never let me explain the meaning,
Assumed that I was cheating.
Why?
Because she said so?
You believed someone,
That you think you know.
You knew,
That she played everyone,
And yet she fooled you.
Oh don't worry, I'll get to her,
But before that, let's settle this tab of ours.
I thought it was already closed,
But I can see why not.
The things we've said to each other,
Is all that we've got.
Then again, there was so much more,
I've always kept score.
We were two crazy psychos,
In this catatonic world.

I admit, I have regrets.
Being selfish then,
Caused a cascading effect.
Exponentially felt,
When I wrote my last line,
And hit send.
This war will never end,
Too bad we'll never mend.

Because I'm now living mine,
And you're living yours.
Maybe we could have lived ours,
But that's not the way it goes.
Nevermind then,
I'm off to a new land.
Keep a memory though,
Somewhere in the timeless sands.
You never know,
Someday you'll need a hand.
I won't be there,
Even if I can.
So then think about it,
Think of where you stand.
Was it all worth it?
Because in the end,
“It was all part of your plan.”
That's what you'll believe.
But I'm not an evil man.

Words, words, words.
I can never have too many words.
Too much to say,
Much more to convey.
It's become a part of everyday.
I'll leave it here for now,
I really need some sleep.
The next time I write to you,
Will be when you speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment