Monday, January 27, 2014

Dei LITURA Ch 5 (STORY by SHADOWHEART)

Ch 5

When I woke up my surroundings had changed. I was in a bed, in what looked to be some sort of medical center. What woke me up was a heated conversation between three people. The fire alchemist who had defeated me, the craftsmith I had saved and a very, very, very old man. He looked as though he could fall any moment.While the conversation looked serious, I couldn't make head or tail of it for I couldn't hear what they were talking in the first place. Khione, my pet phoenix, was on a perch sleeping soundly with her head tucked between her wings. I tried to get up but was unsuccessful. My head was spinning the minute I tried to put my feet on the ground. I could only sit up at best. The old man noticed that I was awake. His face had a smile on it and on it was the expression of relief."Could to see that you are fine young alchemist." he spoke in a kind, gentle voice. But the voice was not of someone weak. I finally noticed it but this old man was strong. He reminded me of my mentor, Arma in many ways."Forgive this young man Rasho, for although he is a professor, he still has yet to learn to fully restrain himself, but I suppose he is not the only one,hmm."I figured he was speaking of my little escapade at the central courtyard. He didn't wait for a reply but continued in the same tone, as if he was scolding a toddler," In the Academy,we encourage practical challenges and fights, but not rash slaying. What you did was the right thing to do no doubt about it,but you should exercise some control over your powers, like your mentor Arma must have taught you."my jaw dropped to the floor, the old man simply smiled and said," Yes, I know him, he is my younger brother. I am Mar, the magician, or mage as you would call me. I am also your headmaster."He paused for a second and looked at me with his eyes, the eyes that had the look of seeing through me, and continued," Young Frigus, you are special, no doubt about it, but being special doesn't give you the right to hand out punishment or pain. You are a student, talented I'll give you that much but maybe a little too headstrong and a bit of a troublemaker. You have made a mistake by making Littrager, they are one of the two biggest clans in the academy. Maybe event the strongest. They will not let what you did slide so easily. The council of the academy has come to a decision. You and this young crafsmith , Partum here have been banned from joining any guild. You must start a new one from scratch. As for your education, Rasho here along with three others will teach the two of you separately as a special case, under the clan creator law of the academy. Oh and as a little reminder, you have slept for three days, I will require the name of your guild, in exactly five minutes so the two of you discuss and present me with a name, in four minutes fifty six seconds. Good luck."
The old man left me alone with Partum. I had no clue what to tell him. Luckily, I didn't have to he spoke before I could,"Thank you for saving me. I'm the one who negotiated for this condition. Of course with the help of Professor Rasho and with the help of Headmaster Mar. If you don't mind, I already prepared a name for our clan but I will only tell you so if you accept my condition" Things were moving fast but I could only say yes and ask for what his condition was.So I nodded and he kept speaking,"  You must be the Clan Head, I will simply be your right hand man or the second in command. I have an oath to not fight so I can only help you passively, I hope you understand and never ask me to fight." What he was saying, I understood but what he needed was something else, something I realized only I could do. So I stopped him and I spoke," Just stop with the explanation, we are now comrades, tell me anything you need and be yourself. You have an oath to uphold, so do so with pride, never bow your head for such a trivial reason. Now tell me the name you thought of" Partum smiled, and the smile came from his heart and he said," Sure boss, it is Glacies Legionem," Now it was my turn to smile. I couldn't help myself.
The door opened with a resounding bang and in came Mar and Rasho, they to were smiling, old man Mar spoke,"So have you both decided on a name." The one to answer was not me but Partum,"Yes, we are the Glacies Legionem" Both the professor and the headmaster laughed, not in a rude manner but in the manner as though they had found something amusing, Mar spoke," So you are the Legion of Ice, eh? I suppose it suits you both very well.Very well, I now declare you both a newly formed clan, Glacies Legionem, live well prosper and be the best." I could now finally stand and stand I did. I first looked at Partum, then to Rasho and then to old man Mar . I said," So what are we waiting for, let's begin our training."

No comments:

Post a Comment