Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Oscar Mike Delta Lima


Oscar.Mike.Delta.Lima.

Four years ago,
You asked me,
"Why do you stay so off-key?"
I told you that I liked to,
And that's what saw this hike through.

In the days of old,
You told me,
That you didn't know me,
And that you would like to,
But I had always been lied to.

In the summer of cold,
You pushed me,
To make me talk about what had me quiet,
And why I walk against what had been riots,
I said that's because I don't care,
Nobody does,
And time is a clause I won't spare.

I was chasing a star,
I'm not sure what you were looking for,
But all I know is that you got it.
It's true I didn't get very far,
You should know I don't blame you for it.

You were chasing royalty,
I'm not sure what you were thinking,
But all I know is that I messed up horribly.
It's true that I should've known before,
You should know that I'm sorry.

I remember the day I let someone down.
I was going to talk to a sweet swayer.
I don't know why you said that I'd drown,
Maybe you wanted to be a soothsayer.
You should know that it could have been great.

You asked me once,
Why I liked being a ghost.
Well, it was more like being a phantom,
Nothing that I ever did was random.
You should know that I never lost hope.

It's not been the same since then,
I've been away, some say I've been dead.
But that's the way I am,
Heart of silicon, head of lead.
You should know I meant all that I said.

I've been on the horizon since then,
Listening to all the voices and the violins.
The songs they've been singing,
The notes have been ringing.
You've been quietly loud.
Found a place to stay away from the sound,
But not from the crowd.
But what goes around comes back around,
And here you are, once again hell bound.

While I've been treading waves,
You've been grounded,
I've been swimming in riptides,
You've been surrounded.
Sharks on land, they've eaten away the sand.
Left you on an island,
Like a rolling stone.
You should know that you can take my hand.

I know you are not going anywhere,
Though you want to.
I know that you aren't doing anything,
What is it that you want to do?
I know you're growing older,
Just remember to not grow colder.
As always I'm right here.
Wear your crown proudly,
You've got a kingdom to run,
Oh my dear frostreaver...

No comments:

Post a Comment