Tuesday, December 3, 2019

could


could

I know a lot about life,
But I know nothing about living.
I could tell you what it all means,
And you could give it meaning.
I could show you how it all feels,
And you could show me what you're feeling.
I could show you how to be,
And you could end up staying.
I could show you how to dream,
And you could tell me what you're dreaming.
I could tell you what to see,
And you could show me what you're seeing.

You could show me where to dig,
And we could dig away at our depths.
You could show me where you walk,
And we could cover all the steps.
You could tell me what you remember,
We could forget our minds.
You could tell me where to go,
We could go for a ride.
You could sing the songs you like,
Or sing along to mine.
We could do this forever,
Till the end of time.

Look to me when you break,
And we could fix you up, for our sake.
I'll look to you when I'm lost,
And we could find our battle cry,
Chip away at the rust.

You could whisper what makes you tick,
And I could make a time worth ticking,
You could tell me what makes you click,
And I could make our minds start clicking.
You could ask me your doubts,
And I'll give you no reason for doubting.
You could look to me and pout,
And I'll make you smile without speaking out loud.

We could find what makes us move,
Rev up and push through the inertia,
We could find our own little groove,
Push each other and vice versa,
We could build a world in our home,
Walk through the sands of time in Persia.
We could slow dance in a burning room,
Bear the heat like the major of ursa.

We could find what's in common,
And build something that's rare,
I know time isn't fair,
Neither is life,
But we could give it our all,
If you dare.
We could stand in a field of clovers,
Spend our time for finding four.
We could dance till the storm is over,
But not let it subside,
Look forward to what's in store.

We could climb the mountains,
We could stay in bed and chill,
We could walk and talk for hours,
We could hush and lay still.
We could rush to make sense,
We could make time to kill.
We could speak in future tense,
We could run to the hills,
We could look to the stars,
We could dig under our feet,
We could share tales of our scars,
We could have our secrets,
We could tell tales of our hearts.

You could lay your head on my chest,
I could sing a lullaby into your ears.
You could hold my head in your lap,
I could just stay as how I see us.
You could rest your head on my shoulder,
You could let out all your tears.
You could bury your face in my neck,
I'll hold you tight,
Protect you from your fears.
You could look me in the eyes,
And I could kiss you every time,
I could fight right alongside you,
And tell the world that you are mine.
We could hold hands,
And walk this life together,
We could do whatever forever,
As long as you and I are with each other,
It's us against the world,
We are one.


No comments:

Post a Comment