Thursday, May 23, 2019

Knowing (Subliminal - Screech)


Knowing

I know
And i know you're right in doing so
From my perspective though,
It's been happening for a long time now.
Every time I've taken a bow,
Not this time, I take a vow,
To not give up, to not give in,
At least not without a fight, so,
Here I am, ready for war,
If it comes to it,
I'd prefer for it to not.

I know,
You've lived off the contagious happiness,
You've been finding peace with a fantasy.
Have you tried to separate emotions from the memory?
Look at things objectively?
Shatter that glass,
Climb out the window.
A view should not have any refraction,
Doesn't matter if the glass is clean.

I know,
Distractions are what you need.
But what if they bring you home,
To the things you want to run away from?
How do you kill the processes?
Shut those doors,
Barricade the entrances.
Dates should not have any power,
Doesn't matter if it's the day your were born.

I know,
I'm not very good when I'm unsure.
But I just need a little time,
Just a little bit more,
Hope this isn't an extempore.
For once, this time,
I don't know where to start it all.
But I'll explain everything,
Won't let you fall.
Hiding behind a wall,
You've hidden from yourself.
It's not complexity, just depth.
Now don't you doubt yourself,
Don't you draw these lines,
They're just barriers,
Don't you let yourself,
Go blind.

I know,
I've fallen prey,
To the same things,
That I always say.
It's tough for me to realize,
How far I can compromise.
It's not just you that I see,
It's not just you that I want,
There's something so familiar,
About this radiating warmth.
But you've become cold,
Not wanting anyone to hold,
I know it meant so much to you,
But you don't even think of letting go,
You don't need an excuse.
I told you, it's just depth,
People won't get it,
For them it's like staring into an abyss,
When the abyss stares back,
They're gone with the wind.

I know,
How you've loved the rain.
To give you a reason,
To hold on to the pain,
To remain in a trough,
Keep yourself tough.
To keep going,
But it's not raining, it’s snowing.
It's cold outside,
There's a fire,
There's a place to rest,
To take a break from knowing,
To forget the pyre.

Funny how I arrived,
The day I departed,
So many things happened.
I thought it was far-fetched.
But it was all real,
It hasn't really sunk in.
A hopeful and quiet ride,
Turned into nothing from something.
I let myself go,
The road just felt alone,
So I rode a roundabout way home.
Every rev, every throttle,
Reminded me of that rock bottom,
I've known so well over the years,
I've mapped it with blood, sweat, and tears.
Second chances are special things la,
Don't throw them away for the sake of fear.

Thanks for reading,
I know you know everything,
But how about you trust me?
Humor me and let's see,
Where you can reach,
Where you can be.
Shiawase wa koko ni,
Aisuru hi.


No comments:

Post a Comment