Thursday, May 23, 2019

Frostreaver (Subliminal - Screech)


Frostreaver

Hey there dear frostreaver,
I haven't been around much.
How have you been,
My mischievous schemer?
Same old, yet new.
I know your life is busy now,
You only talk over lunch.

I know you don't sleep,
3 hours, 4 hours,
Not enough for even a dream.
I know you're in too deep,
4am, up and awake,
Out at first light to make ends meet.

Everyday spent,
On roads and on rails,
Committed till the end,
There's no room to fail.
It's not just your independence,
Pop the champagne.
Everybody will learn,
It's all the small details.
It's alright, don't worry,
They'll find their own way.
You've done quite enough,
I'd say,
Don't go back to falling again.

You've found a stride,
I'm proud,
You've embraced your pride,
Your bright side.
More power to you,
Dear ice queen,
You've restored your kingdom,
Found a palace of dreams.
You've found strength,
I'm happy,
You've found happiness within.

I've seen your struggles,
I've heard your mumbles,
I've been there,
Through your falls and stumbles.
I've heard the rumbles,
I know how it feels to crumble.

You've been singing the songs,
You've passed through the storm.
You've flown into the sunlight now,
It's gonna be a hot summer,
You've seen the heat melt the ground.
Yet, everyday you move on,
You get up, you move about.
Tell me, how did you find,
What you have found.

I've not been the best of friends,
And yes, it never ends,
Neither do we,
I'm here for eternity,
Till the end.
I know you know that,
I'm just reminding,
That I've not forgotten,
I'm still the same old screech.
Things have been busy,
And we don't talk often,
But I think we know,
How much we can stay apart,
Before we grow rotten.

So,
Sleep tight,
Don't let those thoughts bite,
Good luck,
Good night,
That's all you need,
Indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment