Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Solace (Poem by Screech)


Solace

I create worlds,
Just to let people destroy them.
I've been doing it for quite long,
It's the same now as it was then.
They called me mad,
They said I shouldn't do it.
“It does more harm than good, man.”
Well then why does it keep working?

It takes its toll,
But I keep doing it to accoy them.
It helps me differently, I learn.
I've learned more now than I did then.
They just run away,
Without even saying goodbye,
“You shouldn't have helped”, they say,
I still don't understand why.

Sometimes I think,
Maybe I'm the wrong one here,
The odd one out.
Maybe everyone else is what they say,
And I'm dumb to stay in doubt.
Failure is the best way to learn,
But maybe I've never learned,
Maybe I deserve this solitude.

Some things are meant to live,
I've been living.
Not thinking when I should be thinking,
Going off my instinct,
Not feeling what I should be feeling.
I make people appreciate solitude,
But I think it's time for me to find solace.
Build a world for me,
And find someone to share it with.
Maybe forevermore, who knows?
I'm not one to set these goals.

It's not a crime,
To adapt to the how and when,
I stuck close to my values through time,
It's harder now than it was then.
Every time I try to be on my own,
They scream bloody murder,
“Something's wrong if you want to stay home.”
“When in Rome, be a great Alexander.”

If they keep on trying,
To break me, I just might.
My own head will end up lying,
Make me a pariah from myself,
I'm closer to losing now than I was then.
Do they arrive at the same conclusions as me,
At the same time as me?
Or it's just twisted and crazed,
A worrisome game by fate.
Maybe it's a pre-planned conspiracy,
If so, I'm an open book,
And everything I've done is just fallacy.

Insecurities anew,
I have another concoction to brew,
Another world to build,
But is it worth it?
What's this one going to bring?
Will I get to Mariana's Trench?
Or will I drown,
Like every diver,
Or will I be lynched?
Hope I can focus on my own problems,
By helping with their troubles.

Honestly, this is going great,
I've seen a balance of love and hate.
I don't know what I can save them from,
But I try to keep up, I try to stay.
I try to listen, I try to help them, always.
Not much I can do if they go south,
Migrating is their decision to make.

I’m just here for the ride,
Move alongside,
While the days go by,
Hoping to find,
Someone for the otherside,
Stop the mad decline,
From all that I’ve left behind,
To speak my mind,
Spend some time,
Become one of a kind,
Let fates intertwine.


No comments:

Post a Comment