Tuesday, April 16, 2019

No Rush (Poem by Screech)


No Rush

It's 3am, it's late,
I know you’re probably awake.
I know you're in a hurry,
But don't lay it all to waste.
I sometimes wonder,
Do you know where you're going?
It seems as if you're flowing,
Slowly but steadily predicting,
Every move, every time,
I know it's very addicting.
Scream, aim, fire,
No pain. No surrender.

I know you've not been here before,
You've never had to fight dirty.
You need to know more,
And you're trying to fly,
Where eagles dare to soar.
You're rowing a boat,
Upstream.
Where the salmons rest their souls.
Where the sharks come to die,
And the water is barely enough to drown,
It's the vultures’ feeding ground.

The time I have might be finite,
A million possibilities have run through my mind.
There's just one where everything is just right,
So here I am, lying awake at night,
Thoughts racing at the speed of light.

You've moved to a toxic wasteland,
Full of irradiated anomalies,
Surrounded by minefields, and
Electric fences to keep you trapped inside.

There's just quantum,
There's no solace.
There's nowhere to run,
You're under palace arrest.
Always an unrest,
A riot, a rebellion, a mutiny,
A coup carried out beautifully.

I know you're scared,
Who isn't?
Fear rules my days too.
I hope I get to know you,
Like the world doesn't.
I hope you don't overthink this through,
I know that I haven't.
Some magic,
Some mind games,
Some truth, some mysteries,
Some tripwires and thought trains,
And I promise, no ambiguities.

I'm sorry if splitting lanes,
Caused splitting headaches.
I get a little defensive,
Part of my soul gets afflicted.
You've been riding on your know how,
How about you start to look within?
Find some absolution.
I know you can't help it,
But sleuthing isn't helping.
I shouldn't push it.
I know I said,
People don't need to be in your life,
To learn from them.
But I hope I inspire and impact,
Some idiosyncrasies.
Start some inceptions,
I hope I can help you cease the day,
Help you find your perceptions.
I had my questions,
I had my doubts.
I hope it's straightforward,
This time around.

This one's gonna be short,
I've said everything I must,
Don't need to write as much.
You already know,
It all boils down to trust.
I'm ready to ride through the blazes,
Through the city of dust.
But let's be for a few,
No rush,
Take it slow and steady,
Get a little familiar,
Get in touch.
So when it's time to go further,
We can still be us.


No comments:

Post a Comment