Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Sad State Of Affairs (Poem by Screech)


Sad State Of Affairs

It's a sad state of affairs,
When you know you don't care,
And the universe does everything,
To get you to change your ways.

It's a sad twist of fate,
When you dance to drift away,
And the universe does everything,
To kill the music in your brain.

It's a sad little game,
When people avoid my gaze,
And the universe does everything,
To avoid a face-to-face.

It's a seemingly sad line,
When we can't match our time,
And the universe does everything,
To still have her in my sight.

It's a sad state of affairs,
When the old leaders are “angry”,
And the universe does everything,
To direct their rage at me.

It's a sad and awkward silence,
When the new and old refuse to speak,
And the universe does everything,
To deafen the ones I seek.

It's a sad state of affairs…
You know what?
Fuck the scheme,
I have too many words to fit.
Let me tell you something,
It's exactly what it seems.
You keep asking me why,
So hear me when I speak.

My work here is done,
I've been overstaying my welcome.
But this place just wants me so,
Here I'll stay, probably forevermore.

Yes, we can't be the same,
Don't get me wrong,
I loved the moments that we shared.
But I don't want to keep that up.
I don't want that side of me to show up.

I want to share it with someone else.
I thought it was you, I was wrong, I'm sorry.
I've already started a new chapter in my story.
Everything is all written out there anyway.
I know it'll make sense, just read the play-by-play.
I've told you, I'm here all day,
In case you have doubts about what I have to say.

The universe hasn't helped,
That's for sure.
Holy shit, how much have I written?
This has been my longest running show!
So much of my text has been about us.
Probably because I couldn't go AWOL.

Lately I've been feeling a bit crazy,
Been feeling a little uneasy.
Feels like I've got this anxiety,
Sometimes I forget to even breathe.
Hyperventilate, get dizzy,
How the hell do I keep myself busy?

I should've left early,
Just to leave it alone.
I should've put on my earphones,
And blazed away on the road.
It's surprising how stupid I can be.
Figuring out the right things,
Because that's what I want to see.
I've lost and found the answers,
Though somewhat late,
It's surprising how I feel in control,
While I still believe in fate.

You say they know more,
Of course they do,
They've been around a lot more than you.
I made it so, remember?
I told you so.
We used to talk,
But wait, what do you know?
We've drifted away.
I'm not coming back honey,
I hope you know this already.
If you don't, well,
Here's a rude awakening.
Oh it's a sad state of affairs,
When you put yourself into situations,
And you don't stop or think or care,
Before you make your decisions.
Impulse is your destruction,
I did what I thought was okay,
And here's another serenade,
Before I go back on my merry way.
Jesus, I thought I was done,
But I just can't stop this game.
Cat and mouse in a beer house,
The only thing more obvious,
Would be me throwing out names.
What the hell is going on?
I want to run, Miss Shrink,
I don't want to share a thing.
Is that what you really think?

You really believe that, don't you?
Shit, I wasn't clear enough I guess.
What else can I expect,
From someone who always says yes.
Doesn't know, to say no,
Oops, did I give up a secret?
Processes parted with power, punk princess.
That life is over.
Get cryptic, create craft works,
With the cicerone,
The companion, and the cigarettes.
Is it wrong to create a bubble now?
Or was it wrong back then?
Wait, don't answer that, it's rhetorical,
In case you missed it again.
Don't point fingers when,
People tell you just what you began.
Not reporting crime is crime itself,
The first thing you should've done is spoken,
You made a mess leaving things unsaid.

Go on, go back,
Ignore everything I've said,
Again.
I've been telling you this,
Clear as day, in bold text,
I don't want any of this,
Don't make me stay.
I'm in pain.
Stop asking me if I'm sane.
I don't want to talk,
And I don't want to call.
Let me climb up when I fall.
Don't want anything to do with anything.
Here I go, once and for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment