Monday, August 12, 2019

Years (Abstractions - Screech)


YEARS

Years go by,
I haven't wasted any,
I've just waited many,
Theory crafting every nuance,
But feeling it is something else.
I don't have the words,
So far I've heard,
I've seen and I've said,
But being there is something else.

I know where I am,
I don't know what I'm doing,
But, that's okay.
I made it this far,
I don't know where I'm going,
But I'm here today,
It's gotta count for something.

Percussion and precautions,
Drums and decoctions.
Raging and riding,
Wronging and writing.
Flowing and firing,
Fondling and fighting.
My hands are tied, my hands are rough,
My hands have seen days when the going was tough.
My hands have been my strength,
They have been my friends.
But my hands have done things in life,
My hands have made me regret.

I've had close encounters of the third base,
I've had fires that screamed into my face,
I've had people tell me I've been misplaced,
I've had wars and peace with my own ways,
I've had it all taken away, just in case.
I've had silence that seems deafening,
I've had zones that seem threatening,
I've had anomalies that flayed my head,
I've had atrocities that plagued my bed,
Made me see red,
Despite how much I begged,
I couldn't stop the spread,
Jumped into the void instead.

I've had them depend on me,
I've seen them pretend to not see,
I've heard them claim their rise to fame,
I've known them too well to let them fail.
I've been there when they fell,
I've saved them from horrors I won't tell,
I've made them live, and lived to write the tale.
I've shifted shapes, they've drifted away,
I've mixed them tapes, they've fixed their gaze,
I've sewn them capes, they've shown their face.

I've trapped my being, inside my brain,
I've not used me, until absolute necessity,
I've held myself off, to not cause pain,
It just hurts the ones around me.
But...
I'm off the hook, I've been let off the chain,
I'm off the leash, I've broken out of the cage.
Let's see how far I can take this,
Make sure to not mistake it,
There's no "fake it till I make it".
Way out of this world, an isolated alien,
Ripley ain't got shit on yours truly,
Believe it or not,
I've been in the game for far too long,
It's boring to be normal,
So formal it's informal,
Like a fuel drinking inferno,
A glitch like the missingNO,
I'm silly, it's a way to let off the smoke.
My words speak louder than my actions,
It hurts me when I'm divided by fractions,
It's high risk with higher transactions,
Sometimes I don't get what I give.
It's crazy as to how long it took,
But time is subjective,
Nothing's by the book.
Me? I'm a crook.
Switch places with the rook,
Gambles and Gambits,
I don't even need to look.

Birds of a feather,
Collectively strive to be different,
They write letters,
When they can just hit send,
They talk about the weather,
When the world's about to end.
Mellotrons scratching,
Piano lessons dragging,
Cold winds biting,
While I sit here laughing,
Knowing everything,
I keep on playing,
I don't think they realize,
Whatever's going on is more than gaming.

Nobody cares, nobody knows,
Nobody has to, I do quite well on my own.
Bah, I'll care when one is two,
Or two are one, that would be fun.
For now, let me enjoy this life,
For too long I've had nothing to do,
I've been locked up inside,
Finally free, I'm not waiting around,
Stabbed and stitched, I'm not bleeding out.
Burn the cuts, seal them shut.
Twist the sprains, re-lock dislocations in place.
Suture the wounds, clean the bullet holes.
Keep one in the chamber,
For when it gets too cold.
Lick the blood off my lips,
Reset my nose, eyes set to kill.
My head is my own,
I can read all of this,
Nobody comes close,
Not this time, not nor never again.


No comments:

Post a Comment