Saturday, August 20, 2016

Jack Of All Trades (H-to-O, "J", poem by Screech)

And the third one.
Jack of all trades is really straightforward, a guy who's good at everything.
But the other side of this definition is never considered, what if a Jack of all trades wants to be the best at something?
Can he just be good at everything or can he become the best at something if he wants? If he doesn't achieve it, what happens?
That's what this is about.
Read on, enjoy.




Jack Of All Trades

I am lost,
I've no direction,
I don't know where to begin.
I've been gone for far too long,
And my powers are all stretched thin.

I had dreams,
I had some visions,
I don't know where they went.
I've been good for far too long,
And I think I'm finally spent.

I was strong,
I had aggression,
I don't know when it stopped.
I've been safe for far too long,
And now I think my mind is locked.

I was great,
I had cohesion,
I don't know how I was a god.
I've been mortal for far too long,
And the feeling just feels odd.

Never the best, I was good at the rest,
So my failures should be far from few.
But now I'm insane, my work is my pain,
So here's what I say to you.

Master of nothing, I've been this way,
Far too long I've been going astray,
Jack of all trades, that's what they say,
Far too long I've been cast away.

I was mighty,
I was invincible,
I was the one to hold the crown.
I've been on the top for far too long,
And now I think I will hit the ground.

I'm sick of being good,
I'm sick of being tired,
I'm sick of the times I've not been inspired.

I'm sick of these words,
I'm sick of these notes,
I'm sick of the times I've written these quotes.

I'm sick of the world,
I'm sick of the people,
I'm sick of the millions and millions of sheeple.

I'm sick of the power,
I'm sick of the greed,
I'm sick of the ones who think they're in need.

What the hell went wrong?
Why am I losing?
Is this what they mean, by decomposing?
How the hell am I here, How am I mediocre,
When I was the best, When I was my stoker.
Where did it go? Where is it lost?
Am I searching for something that isn't the cause?
So here I still am, Just walking true,
And here is what I will say to you.

Master of nothing, So I've been called,
Leaving the people agape and appalled,
Jack of all trades, they say I recall,
Still better than most, I'm afraid, after all.



keep a lookout for the next one- The Kinesthesiac

Cheers... ScreechDrummer

No comments:

Post a Comment