Monday, July 27, 2015

Glass Cannon (POEM by SCREECH)

wow...it's been 3 months?!?!
well I've not been very sincere have I?
well I'll actually post two poems as an apology, I'll also post two chapters of the Christmas Missile for good measure :P
hopefully you readers ain't mad.. :D
so *clears throat* about the poem.. well I've been watching a lot of CSGO lately, and a sniper without armor is called a Glass Cannon..now that got me thinking.. a sniper is a defender with no defense of his/her own (no armor) and this came up... ps: it has nothing to do with the game but if you want to look at it in context to it, then I won't say anything :P


Glass Cannon

I had a plan, in my mind,
Now it's broken and so am I,
As I try to improvise,
Acting happy to live a lie.

There was promise, there was life,
And now it's dead and so am I,
As I try to let it slide,
But play it up to just look fine.

There was a cause and it was sly,
But now it's just and so am I,
It doesn't work but still they try,
Shooting blind but aiming high.

There was dark and none anigh,
But it was awake and so was I,
Thinking where it had gone wry,
Counting every day with a sigh.

There was suffering there was pain,
And a strong will to remain,
So I sat there to allay,
A glass cannon firing away.

There was sadness and retreat,
There was bitterness and sweet,
But that's old and so am I,
Still listening to my heart beat.

There was a woman, there was a tune,
There was music that was jejune,
But that's the past and so am I,
Like a beautiful Brigadoon.

There was hatred, there was abuse,
There were choices I had to choose,
But those are history and so am I,
As I aim and then let loose.

There was cold and there was snow,
There were bullets that were aflow,
But it went on and so did I,
Fighting uphill through the throe.

The red sun rose so slow,
As I looked at the alpenglow,
If it was over and no more,
Then I really wasn't sure.

There was fear of being astray,
But I knew where my shards lay,
There were stories of the day,
A glass cannon was firing away...

yeahh...pretty cool huh?
even I was surprised.. I haven't been able to write as I always did before... this is one I'm proud of after a long long time...so I hope you enjoyed it! keep a lookout for more!
CHEERS...SCREECHDRUMMER

No comments:

Post a Comment