Monday, July 27, 2015

A Place Like Home (POEM by SCREECH)

as I said...two poems :D
this one was written back in April (soon after I wrote Hunt for My Life) but I wasn't able to finish it as well as I wanted to.. finally I did and here it is!!


Place Like Home

I've traveled across the seas,
And seen the world for what it holds,
But all I ever wanted,
Was right here at home.

Blinded by the glory,
I roamed the lands a hero,
But all the love I needed,
Was right here at home.

I thousand places, I did scorn,
And return once more, To where I was born.

Around the world,
I searched for a calling in Rome,
But the voice that I needed,
Was right here at home.

All across the world,
Are my statues built of chrome,
But all the sculptures I wanted,
Were right here at home.

Searching for love, I tried to see,
Too immersed to find, what was in front of me.

Everywhere I went,
I saw my name carved in stone,
But all the memories I had,
Were right here at home.

I walked in the heat,
And in the blistering cold,
But the clouds that I searched for,
Rained right here at home.

I travel these roads, I had once known,
These beautiful places, that I've outgrown.

I have roamed in cities,
To ensure recollection of my name,
But all the requiems I wanted,
Were right here at home.

I've slept in the green grass,
And beds made of gold,
But the dreams that I wanted,
Were right here at home.

I now lay myself to sleep, in my own abode,
 With dreams and memories both, reminding me of what I own.



so that's it...I was actually working on the last three stanzas and I figured it out recently :D
hope you enjoyed this one!
Christmas missile is next! Keep a lookout!! 
CHEERS...SCREECHDRUMMER

No comments:

Post a Comment