Saturday, January 23, 2021

LOVE (Screech)


LOVE

It started off selfish,
But I've never felt more true.
I've stuck with you,
And we've seen so much through.

I'll admit, it was rough,

We both were scared of love.

But I saw a depth in you,

Staring right at me up above.


I thought I'd use some crazy words,

But being prepared is not what I want.

This is a message that I'm sending straight to you,

So what the hell, it's best to keep it raw.


Oh, my love,

You took my words and built on it,

It's so weirdly me and it's so you,

You don't know how I've craved for it.


There's me in you and there's you in me,

Like the sails on a ship and blue in the sea,

You're my inspiration, you're my night sky,

Our life is a canvas, and the paints never run dry.


Oh baby, take my side,

In my bed and in my life.

I want to know your mind,

I want to hear you think.

Be my better half, my darling,

Take the next step, be my everything.

Put your shoes under my desk,

Wear my t-shirts and my jackets,

I'm all yours, and you're all mine,

Wake up next to me all the time.


I want to show you my world,

Look into my eyes and you'll see.

Oh honey, we both are mirrors,

It's like I am you and you are me.


I don't want to fight you,

I want you to be great.

See my dreams about you,

Wake up to a better day.


For the first time,

I am more than just myself,

I have more than what's mine,

Our love is in my every line.


You're my gravity,

You brought me back from outer space.

You're my clarity,

You've got me back to what I misplaced.


But there's a dark side to it.

Isn't there one for all things?

I think it's for balance,

What purpose would it serve otherwise?

I try not to talk about it,

For I know it's very upsetting,

But nothing seems to be done right,

Why else wouldn't I say otherwise?


I'd say you get used to it,

But we both know those words are false.

I'd say you refuse to quit,

But we both grow towards our falls.


I see the struggle,

Too bad it's a necessity,

If you want something, do something,

No other truth is accessory.

If you don't want to, then you can tell me.

Don't keep me in the dark, it's not healthy.


It's okay, I won’t walk away.

Let's take a walk,

I will be right beside you.

I know you want me to talk,

I will, to see how it excites you.

And I'll hold your hand,

To the ends of the earth,

Through thick and thin,

Through the endless years,

I will fight alongside you.


Let's set a common alarm,

Let's cook our favorite foods.

Let's cuddle to keep warm,

Let's drink our favorite brews.

Let's watch random pastimes,

Let's put movies to set the mood.

Let's sleep whenever we're tired,

Let's put that alarm to snooze.


So this, I'll leave you,

I know it hurts right now, it's alright.

I spoke to the willow.

It won't be long,

Soon we'll build our world,

Soon we'll live our life.

I'll see you when I see you, my darling.

Till then, fight the worthy fight,

Don't give up on what's right.

Sweet dreams, my sweet partner in crime,

I love you my sleepyhead, good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment