Saturday, January 23, 2021

Escape (Screech)

 


Escape

Two revolutions before the virus that killed,

I ran away into the north,

I ran to the hills.

Beyond the walls of constriction, the prison,

Did not know the aura of unrestriction, I felt risen.


Left my soul behind,
But my soul never felt so alive.

The days sped as they went by,

Memories are all that are left inside.


A place of worship, near a place of smog,

It felt oddly calm, though I don’t claim a god.

From the midnight meal, to the morning tea,

I was scared I might feel like I was home and free.


The day we saw where willow and leather reached new heights,

We walked along the edges in the dark of the night.

We waited while waning warmth was wasted,

But it was worth the while for the food we tasted.


As we left the perch, it was weird to call,

Something was off, like sprinting from a crawl.

The rays of the morning sun could not curb the uneasy feeling I had in my throat,

During the sprint from a mountain to another,

My insides churned by the force of centrifugal,

Like the mighty dragon slayer in a vehicle,

I could not move even a muscle.


We decided to head up and come back around,

To see the sun glitz on the snow-packed ground,

I told them I could not continue, I came back from halfway through,

In hindsight though, I avoided a dreaded serpentine route.


But I had my own adventures,

Contrary to the belief of the mount rangers,

A tenderfoot could not walk their road,

But I fleeted back to our interim abode.


The way back to the pit-stop was a trip,

I went down to the river, like Charlotte said,

Stopped to eat for a bit and drank a sip,

Kept walking, a believer, back to bar and bed.

Rested my feet, my bruises, and my aching legs,

On morsels and pieces, I feasted, and slept content.


On the other side of the levee,

Was the pride and the prejudice of many,

The people flocked around and praised,

But we walked along unfazed.


As the sun drowned behind the mountains,

We trodded among stars inside the fountains,

Found a quiet place, and a sanctum,

We stayed, listening to the chants sung.

Meditating in bliss,

A strange vibe woke me from my slumber.

In the room, a captivating presence,

Left me speechless.

I followed the vibrance, under its spell,

But lost its radiance amongst the bells.


Love was in the air, or was I sick?

But it was apparent that it was true.

I sat in a sad machine, with my music,

Staring at the snowy peaks in the distant hue.


I got lost in the breeze and the light,

I could whisper to the moon and the stars.

Even in thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit,

I could sit and talk to them for hours.


We explored the hills where scenes were shot,

From orchards of apples, to parking lots,

Searched for purple, danced to tunes,

Broke through scruples, ran on fumes,

We split as we travelled, and split two rooms.


Through the roads, the trains, the flights, and the pain,

I missed the subtle feeling of the rain,

Strangely though, there was no remorse,

I felt happy going back to where I belonged.

But I can't shake this strange feeling,

That I'll go back to the range of healing.

Sooner or later, it'll be time once more,

To talk to the sky as I did once before.






No comments:

Post a Comment