Sunday, December 9, 2018

Lucky Me (Poem by Screech)

Oh... what is this? A new poem so soon? Well, to be honest it's half a poem and it's not exactly great. But, it is what it is :P

It's somewhat connected to Best of Both Worlds from The Rebel is Not Dead collection. It is also heavily inspired by Eminem's Kamikaze album in terms of the structure and word usage, because I've been listening to that a lot.

Anyway, do read on...



Lucky Me

I used to listen, maybe I still can.
Can't do much else to help what I can't stand.
Quarter cent, oh joy oh glory,
Half the decade I played judge and jury.
Now I'm the executioner, what do you know,
Trust as far as you can throw,
Not too much though, right, oops.
That's right, I'm wrong.
Been played like a pawn,
Holding up, growing horns,
Don't say I didn't try to warn,
You thought i was angry and forlorn?
Nope, I just moved on,
I didn't think that i belonged,
Still I stayed, hoping for,
Some change but that's too far,
Let's just sound the alarm.
“oh my God, he's gone mad”
No, I'm just a moron.
Eat, sleep, work, repeat,
I've lost my mind but what's the deal,
“Pfft, he's just an idiot, you see,
He tries even in defeat.”
Not anymore, I'm done.
My head can't take much more.
I tried to solve but you ignored.
It's your game, you can score,
Not my problem, never was,
I guess I'll just shut up like before.
While you eat each other up,
Making me watch all the gore,
You don't know what's in store,
Guess you'll just have to make sure,
That I never interfere,
It's not my place to drink your beer,
I'm not trying to displace you,
I won't even come near.
Glitch the system, Start a fight,
Counselling sesh sound about right,
Where the psych splits his head,
And lays right where he bled,
Until next time the world needs saving,
And he's back from the dead still flailing,
Talking shit, being dumb,
Hoping to solve the same problem.
Nobody is innocent here,
Don't you dare play the victim.
It's everyone at fault,
So don't cry and call it “afflicted”.
Go on, get addicted.
I'm done being the one to fix it.
Have a nice life,
I'm taking all the venom.
Congrats, keep it up,
Let it all be known.
That i was the fool,
Who tried to do this on my own.
Thanks for nothing,
Keep your sorrow,
Maybe I'll see you tomorrow.
Who cares anyway,
Not me, I don't think.
Anyway, salutations,
I'll make myself a drink.

You won, the rebel's dead,
You won, I've got a heart of lead,
You won, I'm finally free,
Lucky you, you made lucky me.

Cheers... ScreechDrummer


No comments:

Post a Comment