Monday, September 3, 2018

Dear Diary (Poem by Screech)

Greetings readers. It's been a short while. Let's get straight to it.
Dear Diary is a weird concept, even I can't fully explain it. It's about a person who doesn't write everything into their diary, just the stuff where they feel overwhelmed by something.

It's heavily inspired by the works of Steven Wilson. I'd been listening to Happy Returns on repeat for a while before I came up with this. Maybe that explains something, maybe it doesn't, but do read on...



Dear Diary


Dear diary,
I met this girl today.
A troubled young lass,
Who kept laughing away.
She saved my life,
And didn't want to stay.
She hates her problems,
And runs from them everyday.

Dear diary,
I'm moving lower down the list.
I feel I'll hit rock bottom,
And never come back up again.
I keep on going,
Too fast for my own self.
I'm getting tired,
And giving up on the chase.

Dear diary,
My will seems broken today.
I still have the hunger,
But the thirst just won't go away.
I've kept my promises,
I've made my mark,
But somehow, everything,
Just seems over the top.

Dear diary,
The lass is tired.
She's running, like everyone else,
Too scared to face what's wrong.
I'm trying to help,
But I think I am too harsh.
My views are a little extreme,
But it made sense right from the start.

Dear diary,
I've stabbed myself in the back.
Knowing everything, yet nothing,
Am I stupid to think that I'm right?
I've made it this far,
In spite of what I lack.
Does it make me a believer?
Or does it mean that I'm mad?

Dear diary,
It's a closure I'll never get.
Like every other page I've written,
It will just be another with text.
I've made decisions,
I've read into every fact.
It's all too good, I suppose,
But I hope I have an impact.

Dear diary,
It's all standing very still.
It's eerie and it's quiet,
Though I hope it's not to kill.
I've become who I hated,
Does it mean I was strong?
Or am I playing a game,
Where all the buttons are wrong?

Dear diary,
It makes no sense to me.
Am I stubborn and selfish?
Or are things actually meant to be?
I've held on to everything,
It keeps dragging me down.
But it's a necessary evil,
I'm here because of what I've known.

Dear diary,
Have I even got it right any time?
Or is it just too fucked to care,
Am I always running in blind?
It is sad, or is it?
How does this fit...
Into the grand scheme of the world,
And what plans you have for it?

Dear diary,
I'm slowly fading into decay.
But I hope I get my answers,
So I'm writing all this today.
I'll go to sleep,
I'll dream of dreams,
And hope tomorrow is a better day.
But these chains keep clinking,
Maybe I'll find the key,
Maybe it'll all just be a dream,
And I'll finally be on my way.


CHEERS...
SCREECHDRUMMER

No comments:

Post a Comment