Monday, August 21, 2017

Pretty Real Stuff (Poem Collection, by Screech)

Hello readers, it's been almost a year since I posted here. I guess the reason would be the absolute burnout I felt after working on H-to-O... at least that's how I would describe it.

Anyway, coming to PRS or, Pretty Real Stuff, it's something I've been working on for the past four to five months as a spiritual successor to H-to-O, and it has definitely come out well, if I say so myself.

Something that always has intrigued me is the concept of choice. We're faced with choices everyday and we don't give them a second thought unless it's something really important. So I wanted to contrast some of the biggest choices that people may make at least once in life. The choice between war and peace. Now war and peace are merely symbolic here, they are supposed to represent aggressive and passive behaviors of people and what their consequences may be, but at the end how you perceive these poems is up to you.

All I hope is that you enjoy them, and hopefully it gives you some food for thought :)
Cheers... ScreechDrummer



Prologue: Pretty Real Stuff, Questions.

Questions, Quests, Goals, Ambitions, Passions, Dreams.
What do they stand for in today's day and age?
Are they merely words?
Or do some people actually dare to give them meaning?

The search for your goals is tiring,
it pushes you,
tests you,
frustrates you,
and sometimes, it breaks you.

Is it necessary to fall?
Some have said that we fall, only to get back up.
Others have said that if you fall too far, there's no getting up.
But is it still necessary to fall?
Necessary to face the darkness?
After all, aren't we looking for enlightenment?
And the light is much easier to see when you're in the dark, right?

All these questions and so little time to find the answers.
Sometimes it just comes down to choice.
Someone once told me,
We make choices and those choices make us.

But what if I want to know what lies ahead after I make both choices?
Is there time to change the road you're on?
Or do I stay at the crossroads, looking at the road less traveled?
Wondering with fear and excitement as to what lies ahead on it?

I don't know, I'm still a traveler, like everyone.
But I can dream... and I can imagine...

1 comment:

  1. Yet another masterpiece <3 Gets you really thinking. Very well written n deep....Looking forward to more from you Screech :-)

    ReplyDelete